5.19.2010

Happy Wednesday

I am happy to report that Mike picked up the bike from The Bike Doctor yesterday! It was actually done on Monday, two days ahead of schedule, but I missed the call and wasn't able to make it to the shop before they closed. Luckily Mike was able to swing by yesterday afternoon though and pick up our new bike friend. It rides great. Well, at least Mike says so. He was a super trooper and rode down to a happy hour where we were meeting friends last night. AND he rode it back home. It appears the bike should work fine. I just need to finalize the official bike "purchase" and we will be all good to go.

I also found out that the pool at the local university will be open 1-3 days a week for a total of 2 hours a day - that will normally be 7:30-8:30am and 12:30-1:30pm. Great. If that stays pretty constant, I should be able to swing one day a week of hitting the pool for the AM swim. I can just get into work a bit late and stay a bit late. I could also find a local apartment pool to crash....or I could pay to join the Y and use their pool...or I could get a swim instructor and be allowed access to the university's pool. ugh. I have no idea what I'm going to do about this swimming part.

No comments: