11.13.2009

The end of the road

As they sat there in their business suits - men and women - talking about globalism, the future of higher education, the problems with students nowadays, they seemed to not even know I was there. As they pontificated on what globalizing the college curriculum meant as the new year approaches, I thought of all sorts of interesting ideas that could be put into practice. I have good ideas to offer - I would be an asset to their team. So I walked up to the table and asked, "Would you like more coffee?"

My days at the Inn are numbered. My last day will be the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It's time to leave this in the past and start moving forward. No more waiting tables for me.

2 comments:

Tim B. said...

I always worry when people in business suits talk about education and "problems" with students.

Ellobie said...

gut-punch!