11.04.2009

The life

Hey, folks. Sorry I have been MIA here lately. Oddly enough, when I am not writing, writing is one of the things I think about most. With my strange professional situation at the moment, I know that right now is one of THE perfect opportunities to start writing more. But much like the beginning of my relationship with running, the idea of sitting down to write a page a day sounds daunting, difficult and downright unfun. But I will eventually make a promise to myself to sit down and write each day. I'm just not quite ready to make the leap yet.

In the meantime, I will blog when inspired and share a quick update on the life of the Bradys in Ohio. Things here are going well. We are enjoying the fall - the crisp weather, the harvest moon, the leaves, the pumpkins - it is all wonderfully autumnal.

Mike is working hard - midterms have now been handed back, and he is on the last half of his first semester teaching. I am constantly amazed at the dedication he has to his work and his students. It is impressive and noble how he really wants his students to learn, to have fun, to understand and to be part of something bigger than themselves. It is lovely to see someone doing something that they care so much about and have so much skill in doing. I am very proud of him.

As for me, I'm still in a serious professional limbo. Working at the Inn part time - haven't been bartending at all, but that is supposed to change in the next week or so. I consult on Tuesdays. Tuesdays are my day to trek into the big city of Columbus. The journey to and fro has introduced me to the world of books on CD. I just finished my first one and checked out my second today. I should probably switch to the Rosetta Stone Spanish DVDs - it would probably be more beneficial.

Other than our work, not too much to report. We are making new friends here in Granville, and we still adore our home. We're getting prepped for Thanksgiving - Mike's Mom is coming up from Florida - by doing some home repairs and various projects.

I wish I had something more substantial to share at the moment, but that's it for now. More soon, I promise!

No comments: