7.23.2007

Back from Vacation, Part II: Sunrise Pancake House

Mike knows I love pancakes - I will often crave them. And when I do, do not get in my way. Therefore, while tooling around the coastal area, we saw Sunrise Pancake House in Calabash, NC. Mike quickly suggested we go to breakfast there the next morning. Woo hoo!

And that we did - we went on Saturday morning about 10:00am, and the place was packed. We were seated very quickly though by a woman who was probably about 80+ years old - and so friendly! The menu was fantastic. We were there for breakfast, but the menu included great lunch items as well.

Mike settled on a country omelet, and I had the mushroom and cheese omelet. He had grits - I had homefries. Then, we split a pecan pancake that was oh so amazingly good. The pancake was the size of a whole plate itself. Filled with NC pecans and a bit of cinnamon, it was perfect. We were so full from all our food, we both didn't get close to finishing our meals.

For great service, great home-cookin', and a dining experience that you will cherish, when you are in Calabash, NC - go to Sunrise Pancake House!!!

No comments: