4.08.2007

I had a special visitor today

The Easter Bunny visited me today :-). For the first time in several years, I got an Easter basket. My darling Mike hid one in the house for me to discover on Easter Sunday. Stocked with Reese's peanut butter cups, Starburst jellybeans, Dove chocolate eggs and an adorable stuffed duck (plush, not real), I received a wonderful surprise.

Mike, you truly are one of a kind.




EXTRA NOTE: Last night, I watched the Lifetime Movie "The Party Never Stops," the story of a beautiful waif like young lady that goes off to college, begins drinking, partying and carousing with men after being a studious over-achiever in high school. I get sucked into teen movies, so I got sucked into this one. While Lifetime has a point they are trying to get across, they lose most kids in the fact that 1) the parties look like a lot of fun, 2) our heroine never puts on an ounce of weight or even once looks like crap and 3) most kiddos in college don't have money to throw around like these girls are - where are they getting all this cash from?? SPOLILER ALERT: The girl's roomie dies at the end of alcohol poisioning, giving the moral that "it could happen to you." But really, most girls will probably take away that the main character did all the same stuff, got a cute boyfriend, still looks amazing and now has a bad influence out of her life. Lifetime, thank you for trying, but this one misses the mark a bit. (it also scares the crap out of me to one day have a daughter who goes off to college - this movie scares the crap out of parents and makes kids laugh)

No comments: