6.20.2013

The end of Google Reader

Every couple of days when I log into Google Reader, I am reminded that the service expires on July 1.  That used to seem like a long way away.  I now realize that is less than two weeks from today.

Over the past several years, I have accumulated a blog roll that I scan every so many days.  I started skipping posts from certain blogs a long time ago - they either made me feel bad, or the person writing them annoyed the crap out of me.  Some folks stopped writing their blogs, and I scan hopeful that maybe today will be the day they reappear.

I don't approach my reading list with the zest and gusto I used to.  When I started the blog, I wrote it with the intention of pursuing a travel blog.  "Travel" actually turned into "fitness."  I started running more, then racing triathlons, then joining a team, and now I'm on my way to being a mom.  I'm also on my way to making health and wellness my career.  I began teaching spinning class, then boot camp.  I'm hoping to possibly start teaching some baby boot camp classes after my girl arrives.  I even registered for classes through the Mayo Clinic and will become a professional coach in the next year.  This blog led me to big big things.

Anyway, as Google Reader comes to a close, I haven't migrated my blog list.  I think I will just let it dissipate.  When I need the blog community, I will seek it out again - this time from my new point in life.  A lot of the blogs I used to read for advice and inspiration have moved on - much like I have.  We have all reached and surpassed milestones.  We've all learned a lot more of what we are made of - and I think we took the support and encouragement skills we learned here and have started to apply them to people in our non online realm.

So it is with that I say THANK YOU to all the folks I have crossed paths with online over the past several years.  There are blogs I never even commented on that changed my life perspective.  I may come here and post occasionally, or I may not.  I have no idea.  But I am so glad this written history is here.  I look forward to sharing it with my daughter.

So, thanks blogland - you are pretty awesome.

No comments: