5.27.2010

EXERCISE BREAK



Hubby and I came up with the idea to flip our home office into an all purpose media room. What does that mean? It means I got home last Friday to find that hubby had moved all the furniture out of the room and into the garage. He pulled up all the carpet and the only strip that remained is where the fishtank stood. So, I guess we are starting this project NOW?


I am thrilled to say that "Operation Move Fishtank" succeeded. We drained it down to about 10% capacity, loaded it onto a moving cart and trucked it across the house. We only lost one fish due to a siphoning accident :-\ (RIP Fish #24) The rest of the fish have all adjusted well to their new location and super clean tank. whew.


Once the room was cleared, we had to cover up the horrendous wooden paneling that was in the room. Two coats of Killz primer and 2 coats of paint later, we now have beautiful "Italian Ice" colored walls. As for the floor, we opted for carpet tiles - thanks to kitties and their loving of peeing on carpet, we needed a cost effective and eco friendly way of dealing with cutting out sections of floor without having to re-do a whole room. Enter the carpet tiles. At 2 feet x 2 feet, all we have to do is roll out adhesive then stick down the tiles. Kitty pees on one? Pull it up and replace it. Done. Last night we installed the tiles. We now have flooring. See beautiful "after" pic below :-)

New carpet tiles with Italian Ice walls.....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet



We should start moving in the furniture tonight, but I have a lady date. A buddy and myself will be going to see SATC 2 after martinis this evening. WOOT.


And due to the fact that I spent the entriety of yesterday evening on all fours (get your mind out of the gutter), I skipped Jillian this morning. I am onto Level 2 now, and it is super push up/plank heavy. My right wrist is feeling a bit weak, and my back and knees are killing me after the carpet work last night.


Jillian and I may be on a mini break for the next few days though. One of my bestest buds, Cookie, is coming up from NC on Friday. She will be spending Memorial Day weekend with us, and I'm not sure I will want to get up in the mornings and face Jillian's wrath of evil. We'll see. The triathlon is barely a week away, and I need to be ready!!!!


In the meantime, a mini exercise break for home improvement and catching up with friends!!!!

No comments: