6.09.2009

Komen on Saturday


Well, I am still running. Not doing the long distances anymore, but I'm still running. I have been running a 5K three times a week in the morning. A friend from work is training for a sprint triathalon, and I met her once last week and will meet her once this week to do the Buehler trail. I also ran Buehler once on my own last week and once with Lauren. This morning I did my home 3 mile run, and tomorrow I will meet my work buddy. This is all in preparation for this Saturday's Susan Komen 5K race. I am again doing the competitive run. I would LOVE to get a sub-30 minute time on the race. Not sure if it's possible, but I am going to try. Last year's chip time was 35:48 (37:27 on the race clock posted at the finish). When I ran the race for the first time, in 2005, I ran it in 30:26 (30:57 on the clock posting). Let's see if I can do it!

I also have to take in effect that the night before, I will be attending Jeff and King's annual "Prince vs Michael Jackson" party on Ninth Street. I have unfortunately had to miss the past several Jeff and King productions, but I will be sure to be at this one. I will get a few hours of dancing in before dancing off to sleep. If you are looking for one of the best Durham dance parties of this year, this is it! (click on the photo to go to the Facebook Event page)

No comments: