2.02.2009

Biz - E Bee (and Runners Log)

Wow - it just seems like I can't find a free moment these days! And when I do, I want to rest rather than blog.

I am happy to report that week 1 of half-marathon training has been completed! I ran a total of 10 miles last week - 3 on Tuesday, 3 on Thursday, then 4 on Saturday. In between those days, there was weight lifting, yoga, stretching and my favorite - a rest day. yay! Week 2 is now in effect - tonight is weight lifting again! So far, so good. Four miles doesn't seem scary anymore, and 3 is now part of routine. I am getting nervous for the 5 and 6 milers coming up in a few weeks. Yikes. Lauren and I have decided to run the Coach Bubba 4 miler to keep us motivated in the beginning.

Besides training, last week was the NC Main Street Conference, and this was the second year I attended as a representative of Self-Help. We met some cool people doing some cool things.

The bad thing I have to report is that on Sunday morning, my car was towed and ticketed from the Card Gym lot while I was doing my 30 minute bike ride. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper and am currently appealing the ticket and fees. $205 was the total cost of a ticket for parking in a lot at 9:30am for a game that didn't start until 2pm in the afternoon. I also had no idea the lot was closed that early for an afternoon game. Here's hoping the fee is waived. I will write more when I know the decision of my appeal.

AND - today is Mike and I's 6 month wedding anniversary. YAY!

Other than that, not much more to report. Life is good, and I hope yours is too!

No comments: