1.07.2009

Running Log


My cool new running shoes - Etonic Jepara SC

I started my pre-training yesterday. Before I really start on the half-marathon ACTUAL training, I need a few weeks of running 30 minutes straight 3-4 times per week. Honestly, I have never done that. At my pace, that means I need to be running 2.5-3 miles three to four days per week. I actually run 1.7-2 miles about two days a week. Therefore, I need to triple the distance I have been running per week. There's no time like the present, so I started yesterday after work. Since it was all drizzly outside, I chose to run on the track in Duke's West Campus gym. The run was:

Laps: 30
Time: 30 minutes
Distance: Approx 3 miles, maybe .1-.25 miles less than that

Next run will be Thursday, and I am going for another 30 minute run.

No comments: