12.03.2008

An afternoon stroll

The weather is really nice out today. It is a bit brisk, but with a light windbreaker, one can still go out and wander quite comfortably. Being that this is the case today, I decided to wander out for a short walk at lunch. I happened to have my cell phone with me, so I decided to snap a few pics along the way. For those of you who live in Durham, this is probably not that exciting. But for those of you who don't, here is a glimpse of our beautiful city!

My walk route - about 1.25 miles. I start and end at Self-Help on Main Street.

They are putting up the downtown Christmas tree
today in preparation for this weekend's tree lighting ceremony!

Durham Central Park

Mural of the Durham skyline on the side of a building on W. Geer Street.

Construction at the DAP - the new field is going in!

Stone Bros and Byrd

Tower in front of professional building near
board of elections, corner of Morris and Corporation Streets.

DAP Tower under construction

I have always loved the font for the Young's Roofing sign.

Mural on the side of a building on Morris, across the
parking lot from the Durham Arts Council.


Reflection of art deco iron work on a Main Street building facade.

That was my walk!

No comments: