6.27.2008

30



Well, it is here - and in one hour, I will officially be 30 years old. Wow. And it has been one heck of a day. This morning I was greeted with a lovely phone call from my Mom, then the wonderful Michael Brady presented me with a beautiful Tahitian pearl pendant on a beautiful necklace. I rushed off to work to be there early in hopes of getting out early. My co-workers Brian and Joy busted into my office wishing me a happy birthday and pulled me across the street to Ninth Street Bakery where I enjoyed a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll. They were also sweet enough to share a third of their Friday challah bread with me as well. And all day, I have been receiving Facebook e-mails and wall posts from all over the world - just fantastic!!!!

About noon, I headed off to George's Garage to meet Lauren for a quick lunch. We had a great meal, then I hopped in the car, turned the key - and nothing. Not a sound. Car would not start. Lauren and I start the hike back to her office in hopes of bringing her truck to jump my car, but we luckily ran into my buddy Rod on Ninth Street. We were able to push my car into another parking spot and have Rod pull up to hook up the jumper cables. By this point, Mike arrived to help, but no luck. The car would not start.

Right now, I am back at work (Rod dropped me off), and I am waiting to hear from Mike. Poor guy had to ditch his one open afternoon this week to go and get me a new battery. At least that is all I hope the problem may be. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll let you know the end of the story later.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

But I sure as heck know I have one wonderful fiance and some awesome friends!!!

1 comment:

M said...

It was just the battery - Mike replaced it, and the world is now back in order :-)