4.24.2008

Training Update

Moping will now be put aside. Back to regular business.

The Couch to 5K training is going well. My endurance is increasing, I am keeping a good speed, and I can already tell my body is reaping the benefits even after only 4 weeks. Here is where I am in the process (click on photo for a larger view):

The Komen Race isn't til June, but I think I have found something to keep me occupied about a month before then.....and I won't be alone. Today, I registered a team to compete in the first annual Durham Doughboy Challenge. Read all about it here: http://doughman.giving.officelive.com/default.aspx

On May 24, Lauren, Meredith, Mike and I will compete in this combination triathlon/competitive eating event!!! We will each take a leg of the race - a bike ride, a long run, a water event, and a shortened run - and we will all have our own restaurant as part of the eating challenge. This is going to be a wild ride!!!!

No comments: