11.13.2007

I win a prize!!!!

I don't drink cow's milk - haven't for a very long time. It sometimes sounds good, but after the first sip and the tummy flip, I realize it is not a good idea. Anyway, I know I probably don't get the protein I often should, so I try to get soy milk into my diet when I can. I say this, but I rarely follow it at all. Overall, I think it is just the consistency of anything with "milk" in the title that grosses me out most of the time.

For a short while, I found that the Whole Foods brand boxed chocolate soy milk was heaven in a container - unfortunately, they stopped making it, and I have yet to find a suitable chocolate soy replacement. In the meantime though, the Soy Mocha flavor has a special place in my heart. I can only find it at Whole Foods, where I rarely go to shop anymore, so it is rare I even get this milk anyway. But when I do, it isn't cheap, and I have a VERY bad habit of drinking about a quarter of the container then letting it go to waste. That's $3 down the drain, and just a moral waste of sustenance anyway.

I gave up on the stuff for a long time but managed to bring home a carton several weeks ago after Lauren and I made a trip to Whole Foods. Mike's reaction?

"Yeah, I'm sure you will finish it. HA! Right." Not those exact words, but close enough.

"Really?" I said. "What happens if i finish it?"

"You get a prize," he said.

Awesome. And I'll be damned - I finished the WHOLE carton of mocha soy milk last week. This morning, my prize was ordered: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=4107



I get a cool shirt!!!! I was all excited to buy the next carton of soy milk and get my next prize, but I was unfortunately informed that the prize for finishing milk was a one time deal. Damn it. Guess it's back to quarter cartons then. KIDDING!!!!! Thank you, Mike, giver of wonderful prizes for things I should be doing anyway without having to be bribed. I love you, dear!

No comments: