8.15.2007

So proud

I was so proud of Mike last night! For the first time, he hosted trivia at the Joyce. Kyle, the normal MC, was just getting back from vacation, so he needed someone to fill in - as he would not have time to put together a quiz. Cookie has done the quiz in the past, but this time Kyle decided to give my sweetie a shot, since he had always talked about trying at some point.

Mike rocking the audio category.

In the beginning, I was going to stay away - let Mike write the quiz, and I could still play on my normal team. But, the temptation was too strong, and I switched to the other side. I helped Mike write and edit the quiz, as well as doing ground work for him on quiz night.

Anyway, it is nerve wracking to get an entire bar of people to quiet down, listen to your questions, and keep the bitching to a minimum. I think Mike did a fantastic job in all three categories. The questions were challenging but fun; the winner had 20 points, the lowest had 6; everyone seemed to have a good time; and the only "BOO" came when I selected my favorite team name (Fracking Cylons) and the whole bar yelled boo at one time. Geez. I didn't know people hated Battlestar so much! But I was happy with my decision - screw you guys!

Anyway, it was fun being on the other side of trivia last night. And Mike got a nice little check for doing the quiz. Nothin like hangin out at the bar and getting paid for it! ha! Good job, sweetie! I love you!

That's my baby!

No comments: