8.27.2007

The Death of Thursday

So, Thursdays are done. Not the actual day, but a weekly tradition that has been going on for almost a year and a half. Thursdays are $1.50 PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) night at the Fed in Durham. Cookie and I started going each Thursday after work with a few friends from Public Policy, and we have kept up the tradition for quite some time.

It is now a new era. Cookie has now started the MALS program, the degree program I am about to finish up, and her first class this semester is on Thursday nights. Since we normally met about 5:30, moving it til 9:30 after her class doesn't really count as "after work drinks" anymore. Add on top of that my ever increasing waistline - and Thursdays will be put on hold for a while.

I will also be starting my new job in a matter of weeks - I don't know if it will even be possible for me to count on being out of work by 5:30 each Thursday evening. But, I will be working right down the street from Bull McCabe's - maybe they do a Tuesday drink special??? kidding. mostly.

No comments: