4.12.2007

Comments on April 11 Post

Hi, all - I just responded to an anonymous comment on my April 11 blog posting, and I just want to give the disclaimer that it is one of the first real "animal rights" stances I have publicly taken. I have slowly moved to the point of being a bit more firm in my views and not being so embarassed about it. I haven't figured it all out, and once I think I have figured it out - I will actually be back at not understanding anything at all!!!

My response is from an animal rights perspective. It is not that I am saying that people should not give money to help sick babies. I just said that I don't give money to the March of Dimes. The world has a lot of different charities and causes, and I just choose to not support this charity due to its animal testing practices. But that doesn't mean I don't care about sick children. I can give to Ronald McDonald House, etc and try to help in other ways.

As you can tell, although I may be more comfortable in saying what I feel, I still have issues with angering or upsetting other people. We all have our opinions, and there are places for all of them. Thanks for whoever posted the comment - I appreciate the chance for this dialogue!

No comments: