3.24.2007

picture troubles

Hi, everyone - I know you are all expecting super cool awesome Africa pictures, but so far I have very few to show. Ever since I have arrived it has been WORK WORK WORK. We've been dealing with all the crises that come up when planning any big event, and from the home side, I received some bad news about my old apartment. My landlady has sent me a bill for over $2000 in damages from my old place, and I am still reeling from the shock. I haven't decided how exactly to approach that situation yet, but it will definietly involve legal assistance.

SO - I just tried to actually upload a couple pictures here, and for some reason, I am getting an error message. The pics will just have to wait.

I am off to Robben Island tomorrow with our fellowship class. This will be my sixth trip out there, but it is just as moving each time. Robben Island is where Nelson Mandela was held in prison for seventeen years during apartheid. If you don't know about Robben Island, look it up on google. An amazing place. Hopefully I will have some pics to share soon - and the technology here will hopefully allow me to upload them.

In the meantime, I hope everyone is well, and YES, I am very homesick. April 4 can't get here soon enough. Will chat more soon......

No comments: