8.13.2006

My last day in England

Hey, everyone. I am happy to report I am safely in London, after leaving Oxford this morning. After several bus rides, standing in queues and trying to stay warm, I am now snuggled up in a posh hotel room in the Sheraton Heathrow. I was going to go out and wander the city today, but it took about twice as long for me to get here as I thought it would, and at about 3x the cost. So, I am just going to stay put in my hotel room. It's warm, there is room service, and there are expensive movies to buy off the television set. And I just paid 15 pounds (30 USD) to get internet access for one day. Geez. I am already flying through my Amsterdam money, and I didn't even go to Amsterdam!!! I regret that I never really got to see London, but that just means I will make my way back sometime in the future to see LONDON and really enjoy everything it has to offer. This trip was for Oxford, and I accomplished that.

You probably won't hear from me again until I am back in the states and fairly settled, but I just wanted to tell all of you thank you for your encouraging messages, little comments and overall support. This has been a great trip for me, and I have learned a lot - about travel, academics, and most importantly - myself. You are all so wonderful, and I am thankful to call all of you friends. Ciao, and talk to you soon.....

PS - I have posted all my pics into an account on Snapfish. If you want access to see them all, please just leave me a comment here on the blog or shoot me an e-mail at africandreams@gmail.com. I will send you the invite for all the albums!

No comments: