8.13.2012

Now, we rest. Kind of.

I have decided not to seek out a 70.3 in 2012.  Muncie was supposed to be "the day", but it didn't happen thanks to Mother Nature having serious hot flashes.  I know I was ready, and I could have completed the distance.  I don't have to pay another $200+ to a race company to prove that to myself.  So, I won't. With the announcement of Ironman 70.3 Raleigh, I may cough up the cash next year - but we will see where life takes me in the meantime.

For the rest of 2012, I am going to keep teaching, keep learning, and keep trying to find another part time job. If I find a simple something to do 15-20 hours a week in addition to my two other jobs, I'll be a happy girl.

In the meantime, I am going to reap the rewards of a year's worth of training by wearing cute dresses and going to fun events where they serve lots of wine, snacks and champagne.  Wedding 1 of 2 for the month of August was this weekend.
Wedding #1 of 2 for August

All this Ironman 70.3 training combined with my new love for cycling has made me the fittest I think I've ever been.  Last time I was a size 6, I was probably a senior in high school.  I eat like a horse (a healthy horse), but I am super active and have found easy ways to keep fitness a regular part of my life - not a chore to be completed.

I have running buddies, cycling friends, a triathlon team, and a good diet.  It seems to be working.  It's not about weight.  It's about feeling strong.  And that, I do!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute are you????

I miss your blog, come back more often!

BLESS YOUR HEART said...

Cute!! Erica
ericasrunningjourney.blogspot.com

Tasha Malcolm said...

Love the dress! You look spectacular. Enjoy your time off and your wine. :-)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Great post and your 100% right

Unknown said...

Cute Dress!! ENjoy the weddings!