6.28.2011

TRI-birthday!!

Before I ramble on about my birthday, I have to give a huge shout out to my Aunt and Mom (pictured above) who did the Flora, Indiana Hog Jog a couple weeks ago! They walked it out, and I am so proud of them!


Next, thanks so much for the birthday wishes. It was a wonderful birthday weekend parlayed into a wonderful birthday-day, and I am a lucky girl. My birthday extravaganza was also extremely tri heavy - which is awesome. Here's your breakdown:

Friday afternoon - An awesome freaking box of tri gear arrives on my doorstep from my awesome buddy Lauren. I could not believe what was in there - it was a plethora of tri goodness! Chamois glide, new TYR goggles, bike socks that said "I heart Tri":

a necklace (that happened to have half iron distances on the back - I think that was a hint) - just so freaking sweet.
And on top of that, she gave me a gift certificate to one of my favorite tri sites, teamestrogen.com, to pick out some items on my own. I snagged a new pair of Zoot tri shorts and some race flip flops. Lauren, you are way too sweet to me - THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEARY!

Friday night - Swim at Alum Creek with BDD. Let's just say that we had one huge private pool that evening. Thanks to some crap weather earlier in the afternoon, there was nary a soul at the beach that evening. It was just BDD, the fishes and me out in the water for the swim. We knocked out a nice distance then parted ways til the morning. My husband was scheduled to fly in from Florida that evening, and I was super pumped to go get him at the airport.

Saturday morning - 3:45am - FINALLY get home after numerous plane delays, lost luggage, and picking the hubs up at the airport. Poor guy was exhausted, and so was I. I also had a ride scheduled for 7am. Awesome.

Later (or earlier?) Saturday morning - 7am - Due to a missed alarm clock (AHEM), we started out a bit late. It was actually really chilly at the start of the ride with little to no sun. Yuck. Thankfully the sun decided to show up, and it turned into a positively gorgeous day to be out riding. That day, I clocked my first ever 50+ mile ride (53 to be exact). Rock on.

Saturday afternoon/evening - Hubs wants me to open my birthday present - so I did! A bike computer!!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEET. Will install this week - rock on. Sleep

Sunday - Tubing down the Mohican River, and absolutely no training at all (unless you count the "how many beers can you drink while on a river for four hours challenge").

Monday - Yet another awesome box arrives, this time from my Mom. Inside was this AWESOME shirt from Trix. I saw this shirt several months ago and posted on facebook. My Mommy remembered and got it for me. I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! She also got me a super awesome towel with my name embroidered on it - guess what that's supposed to be? My new transition towel!!!!! It's in the wash now, but as soon as it is out, I will post a pic. Just so very very cool. THANK YOU, MOMMA!!!!!!!


If my 33rd year of life is starting out like this, I can only imagine how much more fun I'm going to have!!! Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes and sweet sweet tri gear!!!!!!

5 comments:

Christi said...

You seem so much older and wiser! Just kidding! It sounds like you had a great weekend. I love all the great presents you got!

Matty O said...

Haha, great recap! Congrats on your first 50+ mile ride!!!! Wow, we didn't do ours until our first 70.3. All the training we did was under 45 miles. That is a huge accomplishment!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

You sound so mature now, now that your older, maybe you wont miss waking up to your alarm ;-)

I like that shirt, there is a shirt they have that I want, wanna guess which one

M said...

ummm, would it be THIS one, BDD???
http://www.trix-gear.com/TRIX_GEAR_S_MEN_S_SUPER_t_shirt_p/tg10mt09.htm

And yes, I am so much more mature now that I start off with a post all about presents for ME ME ME! :p

Matthew Smith said...

What a score of good stuff for your birthday! Sweet! That tubing sounds like a on of fun too. Nice work on the riding too. Keep up the good work.