2.18.2011

Week Recap

Hey, all - Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I haven't had a ton to report, and I have been a bit swamped at the workplace. But I wanted to jump in and say HELLO!

First, the weather. I got up at 7am today, did a strength workout in the basement then proceeded to walk the dog in my workout clothes. Not a big deal, you say? I was wearing a T-shirt and shorts. And i walked the dog at 8am. In a t-shirt and shorts and did not freeze. HALLELUJAH. The snow has all melted, and it is glorious outside. Sure, it's just a just a teaser for spring, but I'll take it. It also means that on Wednesday night's run club, I ran outside in shorts, too! Amazing.

Second, Sunday means the end of Month #1 of Half Marathon/tri training. For purposes of staying accountable, I will show you my chart so far. Anything in RED is a workout I skipped (boo). Dark green means I stuck with the plan as mapped out, and lighter green means I modified that day's activity from what was scheduled. Usually that means I did a longer time or an alternative strength workout. (I'm not lessening the intensity - just changing it for that day.) And I have to explain that huge block of red that spills into two weeks for Weeks 2 and 3. Those were days that the nasty snow/ice came in and I ended up stuck at home. Yes, I could have done DVDs or something, but it was a snow day. So there.

Third, Sunday will be a time trial for the Indoor Triathlon I signed for in mid March. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

Last, I am headed to a book signing on Saturday afternoon. I don't normally do things like that, but The Pioneer Woman will be at a local Barnes & Noble, and I have to say I have flown through her recent book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels." It's a great love story (and true), so I figured that while she is in town, I will go check her out.

That's it for here, folks. I hope all is going well in your worlds. Be back with more updates soon!

No comments: