3.03.2010

RIP Morningstar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs

Our long lost friend

Mike will be on campus late tonight because he is holding a midterm study session with his students. Left to my own devices for dinner, I had a novel thought. "How about some Corn Dogs?" As most of you know, I am a vegetarian and have been for several years now. While I try not to do the "fake meat" thing on a regular basis, sometimes you just want comfort food. And is there any better comfort food that corn dogs and mac and cheese?

As I am an avid Facebooker, I posted my status as "MNB could really go for some Morningstar Farms corn dogs right about now." Within minutes, a far off acquaintance posted in reply: "My kids and I mourned for several months when we learned they discontinued them." UMMM, EXCUSE ME? How did I miss this?

I haven't been able to find them in stores for a while, but I thought it was purely because of the lack of options in smaller Midwestern grocery stores. Little did I know that they were.....(ugh, it hurts to even say it)....gone. Forever. I found a few stories about it. Try this one.

The official statement from the Morningstar folks is that there's a problem with the goods supplier, and there are no current plans to bring back the veggie dogs. Why, oh why? It is (was) the only good veggie item that they made!

So, here's to you my corn dog friends. I love you. I will miss you. May we be reunited soon.



From www.toothpastefordinner.com I printed this comic out a few years ago and kept it hanging on my bulletin board at work.


Training update: On schedule in week 4. Some yoga, some outside running (still freezing out though), some cross training on the bike, some indoor running and more yoga. Will spill more details when there is anything exciting to report!

No comments: