6.15.2008

We raced for the cure!!

M, me and L heading to the start line of the 2008 Competitive 5K
at the 2008 Triangle Susan Komen Foundation Race for the Cure

I am happy to report that Lauren, Meredith and I all successfully raced for the cure on Saturday! With beautiful weather as a welcome companion, we all set out early on Saturday morning to Raleigh - chauffeured by Mr. Brady - and hit the starting line just after 7am. My cold still has a slight hold on me, but thanks to Meredith's pacing and encouragement to continue, I only walked three times. Twice to get water and for about a quarter of a mile right after mile marker 2. The turnout for the race was amazing - it was a sea of people. To see lots of photos and a few video clips, go here: http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/healthteam/story/3044561/. All three of us were interviewed by WRAL, but I think only Lauren made it into one of the videos. I have yet to go through them, but if you watch all of them, we show up somewhere!

After finishing the race!

It was an inspirational day seeing so many people come together to support breast cancer research. It was also heartbreaking to see the names of all the friends and family lost to the disease on the backs of so many participants. Let's keep racing for the cure - next year, will you be at the start line??

No comments: