5.01.2008

Ready to Race!

Today, I finally registered for the Triangle's Race for the Cure to be held on June 14, 2008 at Meredith College in Raleigh. I will be running in the Competitive Open 5K that will start at (gulp) 7:00am. It appears that I will have some company in the race - I believe Lauren will be participating, and Meredith may as well. I think this will be a great event for us to do together! I finished Week 5, Day 2 of training yesterday, so by June 14, running 3.2 miles should be no problem at all. I just want the race to be an enjoyable one and not miserable due to my inability to go the distance. Although we are entered in the Competitive division, the only competition I will be participating in is with myself. I want to finish and not feel like I want to fall over and die. But, by doing the competitive event, you get a timing chip to put on your shoe, so you eventually get a real race time to know how you did. Also, fewer people sign up for that race, so the road is a bit less crowded.

If you are interested in giving, please click HERE (or click on the picture above). When you get to the page, just click on "Support Michelle!" above the donations gauge. I set my initial fundraising goal at $200, and I would sincerely appreciate it if you help me get there. This is for a great cause. And if you can't contribute for whatever reason, on Saturday, June 14, just send some good vibes to all the runners and me!

No comments: