5.22.2008

Bizz-ee

Hello, loyal readers. Sorry I have been fairly MIA this week. There is a lot going on, so I have had little time to write. So, I decided to do a quick debriefing of what's going on here rather than right out details on one big event.

1) Trivia - I co-hosted trivia at the Joyce the past two weeks. Mike and I did the quiz last week (to fairly good reviews) and Lauren and I ran trivia this week with a women's themed quiz. Mostly everyone liked it (and had a great time) except one customer, a regular trivia player, came up afterwards and said, "The reason I like playing trivia at the Joyce is because it is really challenging. Some of your questions were just too easy." If that's the case, why didn't your team win? Anyway... It was fun to do, but I am ready to hand it back off to Kyle for a bit :-)

2) Durham Doughman - The cold bug has hit our team. Both Mike and Meredith are feeling crappy right now due to some sort of cold bug going around. Mike picked it up on the way back from a beach trip this weekend, and Meredith got it from somewhere in the world. They are both desperately trying to nurse themselves back to health before the race on Saturday. We have decided that worst case scenario, Lauren and I may both have to do two legs, or Lauren alone may have to do two legs. Let's hope not, but we will see.

3) Komen Race - I am still working on training. To be honest, I abandoned the Couch to 5K program, but I am still running at least 2 miles 3 days a week - the other 3 days I workout, I bike 10 miles on the stationary bike in prep for the Doughman. Tomorrow, I will actually attempt to do 2.25 miles. I need to add on a quarter of a mile per week from now til race day in hopes of making the full 5K without stopping.

4) Wedding planning - Mike and I have appointments to meet with two additional cake bakers in the next two weeks. One this Monday and one next Sunday. We also need to set up a tasting at Alivia's. Once Mike gets to feeling better, we will do that as Jason is ready to go.

5) Traveling to NOLA - Mike and I head to New Orleans next week from Thursday through Saturday to attend Matt and Kimberly's wedding. With next Monday being Memorial Day, I will only be at work Tuesday and Wednesday - and I have several million in loans that may close next week at work. Yikes!

6) SATC!!!!! - As I will miss opening day of the Sex and the City movie, I will be catching the very first showing on June 1. I am so excited!!!!

There's other stuff going on in the next two weeks, but that's all I can think of right now. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: