10.10.2007

EXHAUSTED

Aren't we all? But, seriously, I am exhausted. I just wanted to post quickly and apologize for not updating what's going on around here. I have tons of pics, I just need the time to post them. In the meantime, here is a quick update on the past few days and what's coming up in the next few days:

-Friday through this morning, my Dad was here visiting. He had a great visit. Got in on Friday about lunch time, then we relaxed at the house until Mike got home. Grabbed some dinner (had to set a stomach base for Beerfest the next day), then crashed out to be ready for a big day on Saturday.

-Saturday was Beerfest - and it was awesome. Dad went with our group - total, we had about 20 people I think..... great turnout, great weather, great Beerfest. It seems to get better and better every year. I have about 150 pics from that day - will share a select few soon. The rest of the pics I will deny exist!

- Sunday was recovery. Rested, napped, did some schoolwork. Dad and Mike watched football. We had dinner. End of the day!

- Monday was back to work - Dad unfortunately had some bad knee swelling while he was here, so he just relaxed at the house while Mike and I went through our normal daily routine. Had a nice Chinese dinner made by Mike on Monday night, and Tuesday we all went to the Joyce and played trivia. Dad got to take part in two events that are part of the more fun sections of our life, so I am glad he got to experience that.

- Here it is - Wednesday. I have a draft proposal if my Masters project due to my advisor by this evening. We met last week for dinner to discuss the whole thing, and I am so rusty and have planned so badly for this that I may have to put the whole thing off another semester. If I can get this proposal on paper today, then we should be good to go. It's not that I don't know the stuff, it's that I just can't grasp onto a thesis well enough to run with it all. Plus, I want it to be good, and my advisor is settling for nothing less than excellence. Once I get it approved, I will post it here for you to read. That way, if you care to know, you will actually know what I am writing my Masters thesis about!!!

That's it for now, folks. Go buy your tickets for the Coalition to Unchain Dogs Benefit this Saturday in Durham Central Park. I posted about it before and provided a link - go click on it, buy a ticket - or four. I'll see you there!

No comments: