2.07.2007

TONIGHT

....tonight, Duke plays UNC at Cameron. Last year, I had a ticket for the game. I did it once, I will never do it again. Ok, so if I happened across a ticket, I probably would do it again - I would just whine a lot. Line checks, standing in lines, standing in the stands, not being able to move - oy. Mike gets to endure it this year. He was up at 6am to get his place in line (the upper 200s), and he has to start line checks about 5:30pm. Game time isn't until 9, so my sweetie is going to have one hell of an evening. But, when we win, I am sure he will think it is well worth the experience.

For my exciting evening, I plan on watching the game at 9, but before then, I will be knee deep in the Holocaust. I am taking a class this semester called "Trauma in Art, Literature and Film." It is as depressing as it sounds. The professor is amazing, but the material is pretty tough to deal with. I am reading Into That Darkness for next week's class, and I writing my first paper on a scene from Claude Lanzmann's Shoah. It's a short paper - only 8 pages, but I still get stressed out each time a paper is due. Between the paper, the 300 pages of reading, and the move this weekend, I am not sure how I will get it all done.

I guess I COULD be working on the paper rather than writing here. Yeah, good plan.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!
(it's a Duke thing...)

No comments: