10.06.2006

BEERFEST

Hi, all, and sorry that it has been so long since I have posted. It has been pretty busy around here, and I have just procrastinated (imagine that!) on taking some time to write about what's going on around here.

Just wrapped up a visit with Mom, and that went really well. Our variety of activities included watching scary movies at home, attending a gay pride parade, having dinner with friends, and plenty of shopping. It was a whirlwind few days, and very wonderful indeed. It was great to see Mom, as it had been nearly a year since the last time I saw her. Yay for Mom visits! Here is a pic from our Friday night out:


I am also still going strong in class (I think). I finally came up with an idea for my paper in the class. It wll be a comparison of the emblem books of the 15th and 16th centuries to the protest posters of the anti-Apartheid movement in South Africa. Both has a strong imagery that conveys messages throughout art and society. I haven't received an okay on this yet, but I hope I will in the next few days.

Yet another exciting thing coming up is BEERFEST. It is tomorrow at the Old Durham Ball Park. Unfortunately, it is scheduled to rain all day today and a decent chunk of tomorrow. That means ball park = mud pit after a few hours. BUT - with plenty of beer and a bunch of friends in tow, it should still be a good time. Here is the site that describes Beerfest: http://www.allaboutbeer.com/wbf/home.html Those who attend look forward to it all year - it is probably one of the best, if not THE best event held in Durham each year. I should have plenty of pictures on Monday to share!

The next cool thing is that Sunday I am volunteering at a show at the Carolina Theatre, starring comedian Jim Gaffigan (http://www.jimgaffigan.com/). I haven't worked at a show in a while, so it will be nice to get back into the theatre - and the stand up show should be fantastic.

okay, I should probably get to work. you too. quit reading this. go outside and play :)

No comments: