6.12.2006

Why I am starting this blog

Hi, all! I am starting this blog with the intention of using it as a tool to communicate with everyone during my journey to Oxford and beyond. I am posting this right now to establish the blog, but most of you will not see this until my trip is just about to start.

The whole "magic bean" thing deserves some explanation. First of all - think back to childhood and the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. You can use my blog as a "Jane and the Beanstalk" if you will. I feel I have been given the most excellent opportunity to travel abroad to Oxford for three weeks and try something I have always wanted to do - write. And not a research paper, pieced together from what everyone else has said. I am looking for my own voice - which in a way, I have been too scared to try and listen to. I will be studying creative writing. And by the end of this month long journey, I will know if I want to keep writing - or just read others'.

Therefore, this will be my story. Some travelogue, some academic, some rambling. We'll see what it turns out to be.

My cool new backpack:

My stylish new luggage that is not economical but makes me happy:

3 comments:

Ellobie said...

A girl cannot travel without stylish bags. ;) Good luck on your adventures! I hope you find some awesome European shoes to take pictures of...

D said...

I didn't know you were taking a creative writing course! V. cool.

Anonymous said...

Sa-weet! I don't think I realized you were writing, either. What an EXCELLENT way to try it on for size. :)